Update on COVID: As we are all aware, COVID continues to be a driving force in our world today. The latest variant, omicron, has proven to be more contagious than previous variants yet less life threatening. People who have been vaccinated and had a booster can still get the omicron variant but typically only display symptoms of a cold. The Board of Directors has been asked what we are going to do around Lake Henry due to this increase in COVID infections.
- We will continue to follow CDC guidelines. Based on the questions being asked, following are a paraphrase of pertinent guidelines. Please go to the CDC website for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html
- If you test positive and are SYMPTOMATIC, please isolate for 5 days. At the end of 5 days, continue to isolate until you have no symptoms. Please discuss with your healthcare provider.
- If you test positive and are ASYMPTOMATIC, please isolate for 5 days followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID and are NOT VACCINATED, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID and have NOT HAD A BOOSTER shot, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.
- Individuals who have RECEIVED THEIR BOOSTER shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure.
- For all those exposed, best practice would include a COVID test at day 5 after exposure. If symptoms occur, individuals should immediately quarantine until you receive a negative test.
- We continue to encourage residents to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- We encourage residents to avoid group activities if they are not comfortable in a large group setting.
- The clubhouse/pub/swimming pool remain open – we would encourage you to use hand sanitizer when entering the building.
- If you become infected, we would encourage you to contact the individuals with whom you have been in close contact. You can also notify your street captain from the Sunshine Committee, who will include your name on the Sunshine Page in NewsBriefs. This is only a recommendation as a best practice to enhance distribution of this information.
- The decision to attend activities at Lake Henry continues to be the individual responsibility of the residents.
Lake Henry Estates Board of Directors