Although COVID continues to be in our midst, we have had a successful vaccination clinic which means a high proportion of our community is protected. Based on the CDC guidance, people who have waited two weeks past their second vaccination can now start engaging others in small groups. Although the CDC has not provided guidance for a small community like Lake Henry Estates, which has a high percentage vaccinated, the Board of Directors is ready to start activities. Although limited, we hope we will be back to a normal situation by this fall assuming the guidelines by our national healthcare leaders remain the same. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING. By participating in these activities, you are acknowledging you are accepting any associated risks. We will not be policing any activities.
We will be opening some activities at Lake Henry Estates as follows effective Friday, March 19, 2021 (2 weeks following our second vaccination).
1. SWIMMING POOL and HOT TUB restrictions are lifted.
2. CARD PLAYING will resume but will be held in the Ballroom where we have better air exchange. Players at each table will be responsible for determining if they are wearing masks. Sanitizer for the tables will be available. It is the responsibility of the players to clean before and after playing.
3. THE PUB will be open but with limited seating positioned toward the televisions. Sanitizer will be available for the tables and for the handles of the beer taps.
4. We will have an OUTDOOR SOCIAL ACTIVITY. Please see the “We Can See the Light!” announcement on the Home Page
5. BINGO will NOT start at this time as we prefer not to introduce people from outside of the community who may or may not have been vaccinated.
One question we have been asked is if we can limit our activities to only residents who have been vaccinated. We cannot make this distinction, but we can ask residents who have not been vaccinated to consider limiting participation to outdoor activities and continue to wear masks.
Our plans are to have summer activities, but they will be limited.